Site Map
 
HOME | PHOTO GALLERIES | MOVIES | ABOUT STRANDJA | ABOUT BULGARIA | ABOUT US |
Български French Deutsch Руский  
SEARCH
NAVIGATION
  Brodilovo
SETTLEMENTSBrodilovoBRODILOVO /
The village lies 20 km south of Tzarevo on the left bank of the Veleka at a river ford, as the name shows ( "brod" means a ford). The majority of the population were Bulgarian refugees from Eastern Thrace who settled here after the Balkan wars and World War One. A census taken in 1926 showed that of the 1110 Brodilovians, 720 were immigrants. The present population numbers 812. The St. Pantheleymon Church built up in 1911 is adorned with one of the best artworks in Strandja - an intricately carved iconostasis, made by the local school teacher Yanis. The church is proclaimed a monument of culture.
 
Brodilovo
2004 Discoverstrandja.com back to top